Terms and Conditions
By completing your registration to take part in Oxfam Trailwalker Virtual 100km Challenge (India) (the “Event”) every participant (“you” / “participant”) agrees to adhere to following all terms and conditions set out by the Event organiser, Oxfam India:
- You undertake to either walk or run 100km within 10 days (or 50km within 10 days or 25km within 10 days) depending on the chosen format and date slot at the time of registration.
- You understand that you can only partake in the Event as an individual.
- You acknowledge that the Event is organised by Oxfam India (“Event Organiser”) in order to raise funds for Oxfam India’s work across the country.
- You acknowledge and agree that you have chosen of your own free will to enter the Event and have not relied on any representations, statements or inducements by Oxfam when entering the Event.
Entry to the Event:
- By submitting an application, you are agreeing to enter into the Event and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any instructions given by the Event Organiser and officials of the Event.
- You will register and pay the Event Joining Contribution (“Joining Contribution”) of INR 1,000.
- You confirm that the contact details provided are accurate, correct and up to date.
- You acknowledge that the Event is a fundraising event in aid of Oxfam India exclusively.
- You understand that the joining contribution of INR 1,000 will be considered as donation towards Oxfam India.
You agree that you undertake the Event entirely at your own risk and will not hold the Event/ Event Organiser responsible for:
- any damage to, or loss of personal property; or
- any accident or injury which does not result from the negligence of the Event Organiser, arising directly or indirectly or in any manner whatsoever out of or in connection with the Event; or
- any costs incurred in the lead up to and the Event itself; including but not limited to the joining contribution should the Event Organisers decide to cancel or suspend the event.
The hazardous nature of the Event:
- You understand that the Event involves sustained physical exercise and you agree that you are responsible for your own fitness and health to take part in the Event and have consulted a doctor about your participation if you have a medical condition or concerns, or if you are over the age of 60 years.
- For minors participating in the Event, Oxfam India will not be held responsible for any untoward incidents/ injuries resulting due to participation in the Event.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND RULES
Cancellation by you:
- You acknowledge that should you wish to cancel your entry to the Event, the Joining Contribution is non-refundable.
Cancellation by us:
- You understand that the Event Organisers reserve the right to cancel, alter or suspend the Event with or without notice, in consultation with Emergency Services and major event stakeholders/government.
- There will be no refund of the registration amount in case of cancellation by Event Organiser, and the said Registration/ Joining Contribution, which is accepted as donation by Oxfam India.
Rules and Regulations, and Expected Behaviour:
- You warrant that you have sufficient competence, knowledge, common sense, experience, and equipment to participate in the Event in a manner which will be safe to you and others given the current situation.
- You agree to provide timely recorded proof of your progress.
Marketing and Communications:
- You agree that images, video/film and interview material of all participants received during the event may be used by the Event Organiser to promote the Event and Oxfam sponsored challenge events in the future.
- You agree that images, video and interview material taken at training days, or any other Oxfam event, including material uploaded to teams' online fundraising pages may be used by Oxfam in future promotions.
- You understand and agree that the Event Organisers will contact you regularly with administrative communications about your taking part in the Event, including logistical and fundraising information.
We collect some or all of the following Personal Data from you when you register to participate and when you participate in the Event.
- Phone number
- Postal address
Part of this data may be shared with event organisation partner/s who oversee participant safety throughout the event.
WEBSITE TERMS OF USAGE
Use of this site is provided by Oxfam India subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- Oxfam India reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Oxfam India/ Oxfam Trailwalker India are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Oxfam India be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Oxfam India does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Oxfam India takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Oxfam India has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Oxfam approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any organisation or company profiled on personal or team fundraising pages are in support of individual participants or teams participating in Oxfam Trailwalker India. Oxfam India does not endorse any product or service by participant or team corporate associations unless specifically listed on the partnership page of our website.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the likes, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- Oxfam India accepts no liability in respect of any material publicly posted by users of this website, nor are we responsible for the content and accuracy of that material. Any views expressed in user-submitted content are not the views of Oxfam India.
- Oxfam India reserves the right to terminate a user’s website account if we believe you are abusing the service in any way, or have breached these terms and conditions.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
◦Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Oxfam India. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by Oxfam India to use any item displayed.
◦Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Oxfam India). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
◦By posting or submitting content on our site, you grant Oxfam India a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us, without limitation, in any format.